HDAT2 is program for test or diagnostics of ATA/ATAPI/SATA, SSD and SCSI/USB devices.
It will not execute in a DOS session under Windows. You should make a DOS
boot floppy disk or CD/DVD and boot your system for it and execute this program from
that floppy disk or CD-ROM.
HDAT2 program has 2 levels:
- Device testing
- main function is testing and repair (to regenerate) bad sectors for detected devices
- you get much information about detected devices
- File system testing
- read/find/check items (MBR, boot, directories, etc.) of file system FAT12/16/32
- check/remove (regenerates) bad sectors records, flags in FAT table
- fully implemented commands: SET MAX, SET SECURITY, Device Configuration Overlay (DCO)
- device access with interrupt 13h, direct via ATA ports, with ASPI drivers
- detects ATA/ATAPI/SATA devices with on-board and add-on controllers
- detects devices on AHCI/RAID controllers (just only on ports 0-3)
- detects USB devices via USB ASPI driver or BIOS (if supported)
- detects SCSI hard drives via BIOS interrupt 13h or ASPI drivers
- other SCSI devices are detected via ASPI drivers only (must be loaded before);
with ASPI drivers you will get more information about SCSI devices
- test and repair device for bad sectors (so far version 4.5.3 only)
- many different test-functions for hard drives
- resize ATA/SATA hard drives which supports SET MAX ADDRESS/EXT
(supports 28/48-bits LBA addressing modes)
- resize and change sector size of SCSI disks
- drive lock detection via security feature (Security Menu)
- S.M.A.R.T. functions for ATA/SATA and SCSI drives only
- information about devices (ATA/ATAPI, BIOS interrupt 13h, ASPI, EDD)
- sector viewer for devices (also for USB, ZIP, CD-data discs)
- to access ATA/SATA CD/DVD drive you don't need any driver or MSCDEX
- enable/disable some features for direct-access devices
- Device Configuration Overlay (DCO) feature set
(you can restore a full capacity or allow/disallow some feature sets of hard drive)
- change SATA controller in BIOS from AHCI to IDE/ATA/legacy mode
- the SATA/AHCI/RAID devices will be detected only on ports 0-3
Freeware License Agreement:
Program HDAT2 is freeware.
- You are allowed to use this program on one or more machines at a time.
- You are allowed to distribute this program as long as you do it
without profit and without modifications to this license
(you may not charge a licensing fee for the program).
- You may redistribute this program included as a support tool for
your programs, as long as you notify me by e-mail.
- The software and related documentation are provided "as is",
without warranty of any kind.
- CPU 386/486 with co-processor or higher
- RAM 1 MB or more
- DOS boot system